Monday, July 1, 2013

Can you guess what I'm working at?

What a busy busy week!

Last week's been really busy, I couldn't find the time to blog... the few spare time I found I used for tatting a bit! I have some ongoing projects, almost finished. Hope I'll be able to show you something by tomorrow!
In the meanwhile, following all the posts talking about Google Reader closure, I switched all my favorites blog to Bloglovin, so you will find the Bloglovin button on the sidebar on the right to follow me there! I was worried to loose my favorite blog list, anyway, I can still see all my favorite blogs list on by blogger space... maybe I didn't understand very well what was going to happen!

By the way, I discovered Bloglovin and I have to say that it's a pretty nice service, I like receiving a daily e-mail with all the new posts of the blogs I follow, so that I can read them also from my mobile when I'm traveling or somewhere else than home!
So welcome Bloglovin!


I don't want to end up the post with no tatting showed, so I'll show you a work in progress, hope you'll like it! This is the Robin pattern from Jane Eborall's blog, you can find the link to her wonderful animal patterns here! The Robin is finished, just need to hide ends, I say work in progress because it's part of a bigger project (as the butterflies I showed you here).

Of course, the project id for my baby Giorgia... can you guess what I'm working at? More clues on upcoming posts... Who knows, it can become a giveaway quiz???



Now it's time to ask for help: I'd like to try some tatting with a metallic thread, do you have any suggestion on which to use and where to buy (online shop would be better, in Europe will be the best)? Thanks in advance to anybody who can find a minute to help me :)

I really hope this week will be a good one for handcraft, but sun is shining now, the beach is calling me! Have a nice monday!


10 comments:

  1. that is a pretty robin. Are you making a quilt for your little girl with the butterflies and birds?
    As for tatting with wire, I used some very fine jewelry wire about a size 28. but I have some that I bought from Firemountaingems.com in sizes 28 and 30. They seem to work best for me. Here is a post that I did for a pair of earrings. http://www.ladytats.blogspot.com/2010/10/first-try-at-wire-tatting.html I need to do some more of this type of tatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladytats you're on the right path... even if I don't know how to quilt!
      Thank you very much for the suggestion, your wire tatted earrings are really nice! but I probably wasn't clear in my post, actually I'm looking for a thread that is still fiber but with a metallic look (I've seen for example WonderFil Specialty Threads - Sizzle), ever heard of it? I'm not sure it could work for tatting!

      Delete
    2. There are several types of metallic looking threads in online shops. one of them is called DMC Metallic. http://www.hhtatting.com/results-threads.cfm?SubCategory=34 The link to to Handy Hands tatting shop. I am sure that type of thread is available in other online shops as well. I used this along with a size 40 white thread and together they were about a size 20. It can be tatted by itself, but is fine and you have to be careful with it.
      Another thread that maybe what you are looking for is a Kreinik http://www.hhtatting.com/results-threads.cfm?SubCategory=35 That works pretty good too, but I prefer to combine it with another thread for strength. You can see some of the differences in the 2 in this post from my blog http://ladytats.blogspot.com/2012/11/filament-comparison.html

      Delete
    3. I've seen the comparison, very interesting! I think i would go for the Kreinick #4, I'll study a little bit more, I will sure let you know when I will go ahead! thank you very much for your help, hope I'll be able to help you someday as well!

      Delete
  2. Pretty robin. I just learned to tat last year and I love it. I just don't get the time to do it as much as I would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Cathy! I know what you mean, I'd like to have more time for craft as well! do you have a blog or a page where I can see your work?

      Delete
  3. A beautiful job on the robin! I can semi-tat but don't do it very well. It's still something I hope to pursue further in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Daphne, I love tatting so much that my only advice is to give it a try!

      Delete

Thank you very much for your feedback! It's really precious for me :)