Saturday, August 10, 2013

Summer readings... or tatting bookmarks?

Last few days have been still very hot here in Italy... but since yesterday evening we began breathing again! And this means my baby Giò can sleep a bit longer... so finally more tatting time!

Usually summer to me is the reading time, when I have time to relax, lay down and put my hands on all the books I can't afford in winter. During the year lots of books start piling up, waiting for the summer to hang around with me during holidays. But this time is different, this is my first no-reading summer - mostly in these last days in which Giò discovered how fun is to rip up everything paper she can find :)
So this year for me only very short books, like the one I'm reading now: Amelie Nothomb's "The life of hunger": have you ever read one of her books? To me she is just amazing... give it a try if you feel ready for great imagination and disdainful irony. But this post isn't supposed to be about a book, but about a bookmark!



Here there is the "Foldover Bookmark", a free pattern from Jon Yusoff blog, you can find the link to the pattern here.

It's tatted in Lizbeth #20 (my usual size), in one of my favorite variegated color, Vineyard Harvest.



As all others Jon's pattern I tatted, this is a sincere joy to tat, so if I can't have relaxing time reading, at least I can enjoy relaxing time tatting! I love above all all the sudden changes of directions, that anyway flow so smoothly!!! It's so harmonious!


Hope you like it!

So what can I say...
Just have a nice summer reading ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback! It's really precious for me :)