Monday, June 17, 2013

A rocking horse for babies' dreams...

Hi!

Today it's really summer here! I'm at the beach with my baby, she's sleeping now so I have a little bit of time to post!

When I was waiting for her I tatted a small rocking horse to realize a blanket for the stroller. Actually I tatted two of them, the second one for a friend of mine who was waiting for a baby as well.
Here there's the one I tatted for my friend (unfortunately I don't have pictures of what has been realized with it, should be a blanket as well)


Here is what I've done for baby Giorgia:




Both of them are realized with Lizbeth threads 30, solids and variegated colors. I'm not 100% happy with the colors of the second one, it's a little bit too flashy, isn't it?

The pattern should be from Pam Palmer's Tatting Treats Two, to be honest I found some pictures of the realized horse online, but I wasn't able to find neither the book nor the pattern, so I adjusted it looking at the pictures (and so the result is not perfect...)! So please forgive me if the direction of the pattern is not correct and let me know if I made a mistake.
oooohhhh..... she woke up!!!

3 comments:

  1. Really nice rocking horses... I've been trying to find the book but am unable to locate one to buy either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah what a pity... thank you very much for your support!

      Delete
  2. I think your horses look wonderful! I really like the colors on the second one. Little ones like bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your feedback! It's really precious for me :)